Welcome to MovieSlate 8
Rewritten & Optimized as 64-bit for iOS 10 and newer
Is MovieSlate 7 going away?
Yes. It already has. The 32-bit MovieSlate 7 app was replaced by the 64-bit MovieSlate 8
app in August 2015. Due to Apple’s App Store rules regarding 32-bit apps, it was not
possible for us to update the MovieSlate 7 app after August 2015.
If you previously purchased MovieSlate 7 and want to install it on a device running iOS 6, 7, or 8, please follow these instructions.
Beginning with iOS 11, 32-bit apps like MovieSlate 7 will no longer launch. To use MovieSlate on an device running iOS 11 or later you must upgrade to MovieSlate 8.
Upgrading all your mission-critical apps to 64-bit versions will be necessary for iOS 11 and later.
What about MovieSlate plugins?
In MovieSlate 8, multiple plugin purchases are replaced with a very affordable “Pro Features”
subscription that bundles all the existing plugin features— plus exciting new features. You can also make a one-time purchase for the Pro Features, if preferred. The Script Dept is only available as a monthly subscription.
With the subscription model, customers can pay for Pro Features only when needed for a particular
period of time. A single subscription enables the “Pro Features” on all of your
iOS devices running MovieSlate 8.
Do my MovieSlate 7 plugin purchases apply to MovieSlate 8?
No, plugin purchases do not transfer to MovieSlate 8.
- New “KeyClips” keyword-based logging workflow available with Pro Features subscription (or one-time purchase).
- New free “KeyClips” macOS app organizes your Final Cut Pro X logged media and enables easy media linking for shot-based workflows (a major feature request!).
- New “Script Dept” designed for Script Supervisors, import and mark scripts, log shots,
create Progress Reports, Editor’s Logs, and marked script PDFs. Script Dept is an optional in-app subscription.
- “Pro Features” optional in-app subscription (or one-time purchase) now includes:
- Sound Dept features
- MultiCam features
- MovieSlate Cloud Pro
- KeyClips keyword logging
- Sync LTC timecode
- Sync WiFi timecode
- Sync with new Timecode Systems products (:pulse, :wave, :buddy master, UltraSync Blue)
- Sync with WiFi timecode slates: Denecke TS-TCB and BETSO WTCS-1
- Sync with Bluetooth timecode: Tentacle Sync E, UltraSync Blue
- Sync metadata and control for supported RED Epic & Scarlet cameras via REDLink hardware.
- Sync with supported ARRI Alexa cameras via Timecode Systems :pulse hardware (When :pulse hardware becomes available and it’s firmware supports ARRI cameras)
- Sync metadata and transport control of Sound Devices 6-series recorders via Timecode Systems :wave hardware (Available now! Upgrade your :wave and 6-series firmwares.)
New Features in MovieSlate 8
View All Changes
- Optimized for iOS 10 and later. 64-bit. Leaner, meaner, faster.
- Supports the new screen sizes Apple introduced with the iPad Pros and the iPhone ‘Plus’ size models.
- Customize much more of the Slate screen’s layout and data fields.
- Screen improvements to: Slate, Sound Dept, Camera, History, Settings, Snippets, Color Picker, Date Picker, Resolution Picker, Image Editor.
- New "Data Slate" screen.
- History Reports - email recipient TO/BCC lists can now be created on a global and/or per-project basis.
- AirPrint text-based and html-based History reports to compatible printers.
- Support for AirDrop, Dropbox, and other services for sharing History reports between devices running iOS 10 and later and modern Macs running Yosemite or newer.
- Many new Settings, options, and improvements throughout the app.
- Enhanced Music Video mode, create and manage per-song markers for quick setup access.
- Improved Adobe Prelude Marker support
- Improved Final Cut Pro 7 XML support
- Improved Adobe Premiere batch file support
- Added support for Teradek Serv Pro and Slice