Hardware from our esteemed Partners.
Timecode Systems Products
Accurate timecode synced wirelessly to MovieSlate, cameras, recorders, slates—
no existing network required.
With a subscription to MovieSlate 8’s Pro Features, MovieSlate users can enjoy SMPTE timecode synched over WiFi in
real time from the extremely accurate Timecode Buddy:master (TCB).
MovieSlate displays the same timecode shown on the TCB. The TCB timecode
generator accuracy is 0.2 ppm TCXO reference oscillator (less than one half
frame drift a day).
Timecode Buddy: wifi master
£675 GBP Order Info
The easiest way to share accurate timecode across the set is with the battery-
powered Timecode Buddy: wifi master (TCB) portable WiFi base station. TCB broadcasts
accurate timecode to supported wireless devices— including MovieSlate
(with optional Pro Features subscription). TCB can create its own network, or connect
to your existing network.
Timecode Buddy website
- Blue backlit display screen shows mode, timecode, user bits, frames per second (FPS) and TX/RX channel number
- Simple programming from an onscreen menu using a one finger navigation system
- Pre-programmed with 14 license-free channels
- Provides GENLOCK TV SYNC output, including HD formats
- Powered by two AA batteries or an external 9-24v DC supply
- Dual buffered timecode outputs for 3D camera rigs
- Timecode in and outs via BNC or a standard wired Lemo five pin connector
- Update your Timecode Buddy: wifi master’s firmware online. All you need is connection to a WiFi network with internet access. No PC required
Buddy settings, timecode, userbits, and framerate can all be changed directly
from MovieSlate (after entering the 4 digit password).
- Timecode generator accuracy: 0.2 ppm TCXO reference oscillator (less than one half frame drift a day)
- Wi-Fi connectivity to allow menu changes via MovieSlate app
- Wi-Fi: 2.4Ghz IEEE std. 802.11b/g/n compatible, Ad Hoc and Infrastructure modes, DHCP Server
- Internal Power: two AA batteries. Estimates: about 5.5 hours on alkalines, 8 hours on rechargeables (2500 mah), and 11 hours on Lithiums
- External Power: 9-24V DC via a 4 pin Hirose connector, five pin LEMO (pin 4 pos, pin 1 gnd)
- Dual Buffered T/C output: BNC connector and five pin LEMO (pin 5 sig, pin 1 gnd). 1V pp.
- T/C input: BNC connector or five pin LEMO (pin 2 sig, pin 1 gnd). 0.1 to 5V pp.
- Multi-channel digital transceiver in 865.050-868.550 MHz (CE Approved) and 915.050-918.650 MHz (FCC/IC Approved)
- Supported FPS modes: 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 29.97DF, 30DF
- Output sync modes: PAL, NTSC, 720p, 720p double frame, 1080i, 1080p, 1080i double frame, 1080p double frame
- Output Video Sync: 1V pp / 75 ohm
- LCD display: two line, 16 character, blue variable brightness backlit display
- Antenna ‘halo’ lightpipe : tri-colour LED (Blue/Green/Red)
- Accurate WiFi streaming of SMPTE timecode data to MovieSlate app
- External dimensions: 29.8mm x 87mm x 110mm